Parish Council Vacancies
DUFFIELD PARISH COUNCIL - VACANCY FOR ASSISTANT PARISH CLERK
A vacancy for an Assistant Parish Clerk has become available. The Council envisages the successful person will receive sufficient training so that they could develop into a qualified and professional Clerk.
Duffield Parish Council is responsible for maintaining the village Cemetery, Eyes Meadow and Gray Recreation Ground. The Council is committed to improving the lives of the residents of the Parish.
The Assistant Clerk will provide support to the Parish Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer in carrying out all the functions required by law of a local authority's Proper Officer.
The Assistant Clerk's duties include:
- Assisting Parish Clerk with day to day management of the Parish Council's services, facilities and accounts.
- Keeping accurate records, including accounts, burial records, risk assessments, policies and procedures.
- Assisting with organising council events.
The successful candidate should have:
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Good IT skills
- An understanding of basic accounting processes.
- An ability to understand and interpret local government law.
- Ability to work alone and be self motivated.
- A relevant qualification (CiLCA) or the willingness to work towards achieving this.
- Knowledge of the area would also be an advantage.
The Assistant Clerk will be required to work 16 hours a week from the Parish Office. The Council hold their meetings on Wednesday evenings and the Assistant Clerk will be asked to attend as and when necessary.
Training will be offered as appropriate and remuneration will be based on experience, but within the NALC Scale LC1/2 SCP 23 – 25: £11.275 per hour – £12.01 per hour. Pro-rata Holidays and pension scheme available.
Closing Date: 5pm Monday 25 February 2019
Successful applicants will be shortlisted and invited for an interview in March.
To apply, read the job description and person specification below, fill in the application form, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your CV.
For enquiries about the post email email@example.com or tel Kath Gruber 01332 842740, Mobile: 07595515154.
- Assistant Clerk vacancy: Job Description /Person Specification (PDF, 73 Kb)
Assistant Clerk vacancy: Job Description /Person Specification
Closing date 25 Feb 2019
- Assistant Clerk vacancy: application form (Word doc) (MS Word, 382 Kb)
Assistant Clerk vacancy: application form (Word Document)
Closing date 25 Feb 2019