Duffield Library 'Book and Borrow' service - information for residents
Duffield Library is currently open on a 'Book & Borrow' basis in line with current government restrictions.
The library is currently open during its regular hours, except for closing at 5pm on Wednesdays.
All books and other items currently on loan will be automatically renewed until 11 January 2021 and will not incur any overdue charges.
To use Book & Borrow, you will be asked to:
- ring or email the library (01629 533919 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to make an appointment. You will be given a date and time for a collection slot. If you email, please include a phone number so you can be called back to arrange a time.
- provide the name and library card number for each person who wants to borrow books, plus a contact phone number.
- give information on the type of books you would like – i.e. genre, examples of authors, format, or they can opt for a 'lucky dip'. Maximum 10 items per person for each collection slot.
- bring your library cards or card numbers for all the people you are collecting for, when visiting for your pre-booked slot
- bring your own bags.
- wear a face covering, as you would in a shop, unless you are in one of the exempt groups.
The library's request service is also available for customers who wish to reserve books from other libraries. You will still need an appointment to collect requested items. All books will be issued until 11 January.
The library is currently unable to offer access to public computers.
The above information may change due to the nature of the COVID-19 pandemic and the government guidance given at the time.
To find out about Duffield Library opening hours and browse the library catalogue, please visit Derbyshire County Council's website: https://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/leisure/libraries/find-your-local-library/duffield-library.aspx
Posted: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 14:41 by Jackie Clements