Parish Council Vacancy: Parish Groundsperson (full time)
The Parish Council is seeking a hardworking and self-motivated person to assist in the practical management of Duffield's open spaces.
Place of Work: The Parish Groundperson will be required to work in the Cemetery, Eyes Meadow, Gray Recreation Ground and throughout the village.
Hours of Work: The hours of work will be 37.5 hours per week on average which, due to the outdoor nature of the role, be worked as follows:
- 44 hours per week from 1 April to 30 September (26 weeks)
- 30 hours per week from 1 October to 31 March
Occasional weekend and evening working will be required by prior arrangement.
Pay: Scale Point 3.5 (£9.39 - £9.77 per hour) paid monthly based on 37 hours per week average.
The ideal applicant will:
- Have experience in grounds maintenance and of driving relevant vehicles such as ride on mowers.
- Be professional and always dedicated to working to the highest possible standards.
- Be resilient, physically fit and happy working outdoors.
- Comfortable working as part of a small team
The successful applicant will be required to join the Council's Pension Scheme.
A copy of the Job Description and Person Specification can be found attached below.
To apply: Please send CV and 1-page letter showing how you meet the person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Friday 26 July 2019
Interviews to be held mid-August 2019.
Post to commence at the earliest opportunity following interview.
Posted: Tue, 04 Jun 2019 15:20 by Jackie Clements