The Great British Spring Clean 2018
UPDATE: Due to the weather conditions this event has been postponed. We will publicise a new date for later in the spring. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
The Great British Spring Clean is an annual national campaign with a simple aim: to bring people across the country together to clear up the litter that blights our towns, villages, countryside and beaches. It wants to inspire 500,000 people to get outdoors, get active and help clear up the rubbish that lies around us. The Great British Spring Clean 2018 will be happening from 2-4 March with events being organised throughout the country. Keep Britain Tidy organise the campaign and you can find out about all the events on their website.
Duffield already has an army of responsible citizens – from the WI to the scouts and guides and many others - who regularly help to keep the environment tidy by carrying out litter-picking and the Parish Council are very grateful for the work that they do. We're asking for our community in Duffield to join our growing army of #LitterHeroes for one morning in March to join in the Great British Spring Clean and help the Parish Council to carry out Duffield's biggest litter pick.
Here's all you need to know, but if you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01332 842740 for more info.
- The litter pick will take place on the 3rd March, from 10:30 to 12:30
- The starting point will be the Parish Council office at the Weston Centre. We'll be allocating streets from a list of village locations, and litter can be returned to us in the bags provided at the end. If you have any suggestions of "grot spots" that need attention, let us know or add them in the form below.
- You don't have to collect litter for the whole of the two hours - just half an hour of your time would be great.
- If you have your own transport so much the better, but if not we'll allocate you a street close by.
- Litter pickers, disposable gloves and hi-vis vests will be available if anyone doesn't have their own equipment: we can't guarantee to have enough litter pickers and vests for everyone but bin bags and disposable gloves will be provided. We recommend that you bring your own gloves, such as gardening gloves, to protect your hands.
- We'd like families, individuals and groups in the village to take part - the more the merrier! If you would like to get involved and help us make Duffield a village to be proud of, please register by filling in the form below.