Duffield Photography Competition
Snowfall in Duffield, Feb 2020
Duffield Parish Council is launching a photography competition to showcase "The spirit of Duffield" over the last 12 months.
We're looking for your photos of Duffield that sum up the year: its people, community, buildings and landmarks, green spaces or natural environment; images that bring to life the community spirit in the village over lockdown, family activities, Christmas displays, the weather or the changing seasons.
You don't have to have a fancy camera – photographs taken with a smartphone or pocket camera are fine – and we hope to inspire people to get out there and explore the village during the winter as pictures can be entered from anytime in the year 2020, taken up to the closing date of February 28th, 2021.
Local photographer and creator of the annual Duffield village calendar, Ashley Franklin, will be providing us with his expertise alongside Parish Councillors Yvonne Greenwood and Jim Grieveson. Yvonne is lead Councillor on the Community & Cultures theme of the Village Action Plan and Jim is a member of the C&C working group.
There will be one winner in three separate age group categories with a £100 prize fund, and several 'Highly Commended' certificates will be awarded in each category.
Of the three age categories, one winning image overall will be published in Ashley Franklin's Duffield Calendar 2022 with the possibility of other winners also being featured. All winners featured in the calendar will receive a FREE copy.
Age up to 11 (primary school age) – First prize £20
Age 11-18 (secondary school age) – First prize £30
Adult – First prize £50
A display of winning photos will be put together in the spring at Duffield library, on the Parish Council's website and social media pages and in the Duffield Scene.
Anyone who lives, works or goes to any of the three schools in the parish of Duffield is eligible to enter the competition.
How to enter:
Submit your photos via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include: details of the photo or photos – where it was taken, when, and any more details you would like us to know about that tells the story of the photo.
Also include your full name, which age category you are entering (11 and under/11-18/Adult), and details of whether you live, go to school or work in the village, (please provide your address, name of school attended or details of workplace), for the entry to be valid.
If you are entering in either of the under-18 categories, or entering on a child's behalf, please include the full name and age of the young person entering, full name of a parent or carer and their contact phone number or email address.
Please email good quality digital files up to a maximum of 10MB (if entering more than one photo, you may need to reduce the size of the files accordingly or send more than one email). Photographs can be of any orientation and can be colour or black & white.
- Any photographs entered must be:
- taken in the Parish of Duffield
- taken in 2020 or 2021, up to the closing date of 28 Feb 2021
- Up to 5 photos can be entered.
- If anyone can be identified in the picture, you must obtain their permission to enter the photo as pictures will be publicly displayed. In the case of children, parental permission must be obtained.
- Entrants must live, work or go to school in the parish of Duffield.
- Parish Council employees or Councillors cannot enter.
- 'How to enter' instructions, above, form part of the rules.
- Entries from under 18s: please obtain your parent or carer's permission to enter and include their details with your entry (see How to Enter, above).
- By submitting your image you are permitting the use of that image by the Parish Council or Ashley Franklin for public display purposes, in print, or on social media in connection with this competition.
- The Judges' decision is final.