Duffield Action Plan 2020
The Duffield Action Plan which can be found below is now 5 years old. The Parish Council will be refreshing the Plan in 2020, revising the priorities for improvements in the village and has consulted with residents to find out their views in a number of ways:
- An online survey was created to find out residents' views using the different 'themes' of the new Action Plan. these are:
- traffic management;
- elderly and isolated people, now called 'supporting vulnerable residents';
- community and culture;
- parish facilities & open spaces.
- A consultation event was held at the Weston Centre on the 1st February; villagers were invited to drop in, take a look at the suggested priorities and successes over recent years and give their views on what future improvements can be made.
- A survey was created to find out residents' opinions on the recreational facilities and events in the village, and how we can improve them.
- Residents are always welcome to send their comments and suggestions direct to the Clerk, Jane Terry. Email the Clerk
A summary document of the consultation giving residents' concerns and suggestions, and some solutions and actions to be added to the Action Plan, can be found below.
Summary of consultation Feb-May 2020 (PDF, 175 Kb)
Summary of consultation held in connection with the new Duffield Action Plan, Feb-May 2020
Duffield Action Plan 2015
Duffield, in 2015, is as popular as ever. Its transport links, variety of housing and excellent schools, friendly local community and sports and outdoor facilities combined make our village a much sought-after place to live.
The Duffield Action Plan aims to continue to improve the facilities for all ages in the village and to build the community. It sets out the priorities that the people of Duffield have identified as important in order to inform the Parish Council (DPC), Duffield Community Association (DCA) and other organisations as to what facilities and improvements are wanted and needed in the village.
It's now 10 years since the Parish Council formally consulted the Parish on its views as to what was needed in the village. A lot can change in 10 years. DPC in 2014 decided to find out what the village wanted and form a new plan. Its aim was a plan for all the organisations and people in the village, not just for DPC.
It takes over from the previous Parish Plan, published in 2005. The current Plan is based on considerable consultation activities with residents and business in Duffield.
This is a lovely place to live and we should like to use this opportunity to help everyone who lives here to feel part of the Action Plan and part of making it happen.
This document will be available in paper form from the Library on Wirksworth Road from the end of June 2015.
Duffield Action Plan 2015 (PDF, 1.9 Mb)
The Duffield Action Plan sets out the Parish Council objectives for the next five years.