Town Street, Duffield
Cricket Pavillion, Duffield
The Chevin Golf Club, Duffield
Gray Recreation Ground
Duffield Parish Council provides your local services. We strive to make Duffield a better place to live, work and visit. Our website includes a wealth of information about how we conduct business and what we do. Use the search or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find the information you require then please contact us.
Posted: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 11:53 by Jackie Clements
The second phase of work to resurface Cockpit Lane, the footpath that runs alongside Appletree medical practice from Town St to Eyes Meadow, will continue from today over the next few days.
The footpath will be closed while the work is being undertaken, although access to properties will still be maintained. Eyes Meadow can still be accessed along Donald Hawley Way or via the path that runs alongside the railway line from Chapel Street. More »
We apologise for any inconvenience caused while the work is being carried out. » Less
Posted: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 15:30 by Jackie Clements
A vacancy for an Assistant Parish Clerk has become available. The Council envisages the successful person will receive sufficient training so that they could develop into a qualified and professional Clerk.
Duffield Parish Council is responsible for maintaining the village Cemetery, Eyes Meadow and Gray Recreation Ground. The Council is committed to improving the lives of the residents of the Parish. More »
The Assistant Clerk will provide support to the Parish Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer in carrying out all the functions required by law of a local authority's Proper Officer.
The Assistant Clerk's duties include:
• Assisting Parish Clerk with day to day management of the Parish Council's services, facilities and accounts.
• Keeping accurate records, including accounts, burial records, risk assessments, policies and procedures.
• Assisting with organising council events.
The successful candidate should have:
• Good communication skills both written and verbal.
• Good IT skills
• An understanding of basic accounting processes.
• An ability to understand and interpret local government law.
• Ability to work alone and be self motivated.
• A relevant qualification (CiLCA) or the willingness to work towards achieving this.
• Knowledge of the area would also be an advantage.
The Assistant Clerk will be required to work 16 hours a week from the Parish Office. The Council hold their meetings on Wednesday evenings and the Assistant Clerk will be asked to attend as and when necessary.
Training will be offered as appropriate and remuneration will be based on experience, but within the NALC Scale LC1/2 SCP 23 – 25: £11.275 per hour – £12.01 per hour. Pro-rata Holidays and pension scheme available.
Closing Date: 5pm Monday 25 February 2019
To apply, view the Vacancies page on the Parish Council website to find the Job Description/Person Specification and an application form.